Firefighters were sent to the Decorative Panels International (DPI) facility in Alpena, MI on November 10 after a blaze ignited in a dryer, local news organizations reported.
Called to the DPI plant around 7 p.m., crews arrived on scene and found thick smoke coming from an area of the facility used for drying, according to coverage by broadcaster True North Radio Network. No injuries were logged and operations were not impacted.
DPI staff aided fire personnel in finding hot spots and the flames were brought under control in about two hours, officials told The Alpena News. Alpena Fire Chief Bill Forbush said in an interview with the newspaper that an updated emergency plan developed with assistance of the local fire department aided crews in responding to the fire.
Decorative Panels International manufactures wall paneling boards using US-sourced materials like brick and wood. The company has been in operation for over six decades
Another dryer fire broke out at the DPI facility in Alpena this March. NewsNet Micghian said firefighters were able to douse the flames quickly in that incident.